We are absolutely buzzing to be hosting Anna Maria Horner, as part of her New Zealand Tour.
Anna Maria will be hosting a class for her Cross Country Quilt on Tuesday 26th November 9:00am until 4:30pm. The class will be held at the Hub, Toitu Poneke Community and Sports Centre 49 Kilbirnie Cres, Kilbirnie, Wellington.
The class cost is $200 which will include morning tea and lunch.
There will be an additional charge for the templates and you will need to purchase your fabric before the day of the class.
Anna Maria shares her own variations for this beautiful quilt and you build your own. Do a simple but stunning patchwork and add applique. Anna Maria shares demos on everything with a focus on material choices, composition and technique. This quilt has such good bones that any variation will be dynamic and exciting.
- Fabric Selection
- Patchwork techniques specific to your chosen plan
- Compositional planning and layout
- Curved bias strip preparation and applique
- Template demos for cutting and pressing applique shapes.
Fabrics to build the three main sections of the quilt.
1. the centre square on point (24 inches finished)
2. the four 'bars of the X (1.5 yard lengths if continuous)
3. The background (3-4 yards if all from one).